I suggest you ...

Task Factory Advanced lookup transform: Clear cache

Add a property to the advanced lkp transform that allows the developer to keep and share the cache within a package. In the current version the cache gets cleared after use and you have to make a other instance of the cache with the same data, this is a bit annoying with large fact tables.

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Eirik KristiansenEirik Kristiansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eirik KristiansenEirik Kristiansen commented  · 

Hi,
        is there any plans updating this component?

Best regards Eirik

• Mathieu LongpréMathieu Longpré commented  · 

I would like to have a status updated on this issue? I didnt see the lookup task updated in the last release. Please let me know.

• Eirik KristiansenEirik Kristiansen commented  · 

The current version also cause a another problem, since we can't reuse the cache - we try to add the population of the cache in a for each loop container. The firs loop is ok, but the second failes massive with: Failed to setup cache location: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added...

• Kjetil BlomsøyKjetil Blomsøy commented  · 

Even better enhancement would be to make the cache reusable for several packages. In case of a daily load of a datamart where we load several fact tables, it can be rather waste of time to recache something several times even cross packages.

Feedback and Knowledge Base