General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rest Source - Pull XML Tags with the XML data

I would like the ability to pull the XML tags along with the data in the parsed data the Rest Source returns.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Task Factory: take SQL Data and automtically update Active Directory

We have all kinds of people that work for us. Some are employees, some are independent registered reps, and some are contractors. We keep track of all of these people in a SQL Server database with a unique key. We have a database that needs to post that unique key into an active directory attribute. We need to update Active Directory. I have written a process that reads Active Directory, but I need to update Active Directory.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to see an Excel Destination added to Task Factory

I would like to see an Excel Destination added to Task Factory

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The database role securables present in SQL Server database are not being reflected in the DocXpress documentation.

The database role securables present in SQL Server database are not being reflected in the DocXpress documentation.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hyperlink SSRS Dataset Query Command Text stored procedure to object in Database

Most of my reports use stored procedures for the query command text. In a snapshot/document that includes the database where the report's stored procedure resides, I need a hyperlink from the report's Query Command Text to that stored procedure so I can see its text.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a Snippet to SSIS package container currently having focus.

I use containers a lot in creating my SSIS packages. When I am adding Snippets to my packages, I keep having to scroll a lot to go find the latest Snippet I added because it seems as though it is created about 1/2 down the overall diagram and on the far right. It would be much handier if it would either appear in whatever container I am working in or, at least, wherever I right click to start the process.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When using the RegEx transform within TaskFactory, have the ability to add multiple expressions within the transform.

When using regular expressions to parse out specific information from a long string that comes from a flat file source that is output in one column, it would be nice to have the option to input more than just one expression per transform since their is only one input column in this instance. Currently to parse out different values in this situation you would need to add an individual RegEx transform for each regular expression you would like to use.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Task Factory: Dimension Merge SCD - Automatically detect if a column is nullable for the Row detection tab

There was a change made to the DM SCD which requires the nullable option in the Row Detection tab to be filled out manually. In older releases this was not required so it has caused some issues. I would be nice to have some way to either have it auto-detect this or a select all option.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide the ability to write custom functions and add them to the Function List in the TF Expression Editor

Provide SSIS/TF users the ability to write their own, custom functions and include them in the Function List in the TF Expression Editor. This solves the most important "Script Re-Use" issue.
    I need, for instance, to perform a compound set of transformations on all incoming fields of certain types (i.e. organization names, or street addresses) to clean them up and normalize them, no matter what source, of many, they come from.
    This would allow users to drop their custom functions into any data flow where they're needed instead of painstakingly re-crafting each, from multiple components for every field and dataflow. …

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Error Handling for Bluk in Salesforce

Would like to have the Salesforce Source have the ability to have the Bulk option give an ID or an error stack.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Doc xPress: Dynamics CRM

Add Dynamics CRM as a Solution Source Type so we can document a CRM instance.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow the ability to exclude certain products when installing Server Edition.

For example, if we only purchased one out of three Server Products, we would like to only install what we have purchased.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Task Factory Salesforce Destination - Bulk Hard Delete

Please consider adding a Bulk Hard Delete option for the SalesForce Destination. Salesforce has 2 delete options; 1) Delete 2) Hard Delete (this would be like emptying the recycle bin; permanent deletion. This would be a great feature to add.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Task Factory SalesForce Source: Option to select multiple objects

I suggest the functionality within the Sales Force Source to identify, and subsequently generate, information from multiple Objects. Currently the user must create separate Sales Force Sources to generate a series of information from multiple objects because only one object can be selected in the Sales Force Component. By adding this feature, the user would be capable of pulling specific information from specific objects in Sales Force eliminating the need to generate multiple steps in one package.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. BI xPress: Auditing/Monitoring reports: include package version number.

also allow us to compare execution history for the same package, different versions.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. BI xPress - Applying Auditing Framework with Row Count Logging enabled currently requires auto-layout of Data Flow

Currently when applying Auditing Framework with Row Count Logging enabled, the data flow must have an auto-layout performed as rows are inserted into the package on every data flow within the package. This can be a nuisance if you have manually formatted the layout on the data flow on your package, your time spent manually formatting is overwritten by the auto layout. It would be great if BI xPress could somehow be improved to either:
    A) Allow the user to apply Framework with Row Count Logging onto targeted data flows. This would limit the auto-layout override to only targeted data…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Rest API version of SharePoint (Source and Destination)

Can y'all create the Rest API version of SharePoint (Source and Destination) for file storage? May be able to using Octet-Stream.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base